A lot of Orlando shooter Michael Nesbitt’s family and friends have shared their grief in the days since the mass shooting in which 49 people were killed at the Pulse nightclub.
In a statement released on Friday, Nesby’s parents said he had been a good friend and a “good kid” who “loved to play basketball and rode his bike.”
“Michael loved playing basketball and had always wanted to become a professional player,” the statement read.
“He loved traveling and enjoyed visiting all over the world, but the last two years were not what he had envisioned for himself and his family.”
Michael’s brother, Ryan Nesbys mother, Michelle Nesbies, said she was devastated by the news of her son’s death.
“I am devastated and heartbroken that my brother and I will not have a son, and that my only son will not be with us,” Michelle Nlesbys statement read, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
“We are all hurting.
I am so so sorry that we will not see our son again.
My heart breaks for my family and we want you to know how much we love you all.
Michael’s loved and appreciated by everyone he was with.
He will always be in our hearts.
I want you all to know that I love you.
We love you so much.”
In the wake of the deadliest mass shooting on U.S. soil in modern history, a number of friends, family and neighbors have offered their condolences to the victims and their families.
A statement released by a number, including his mother, Nellie Nesbitts, read, “We can only imagine the pain and sorrow these families and loved ones are going through.
I ask everyone to respect the privacy of Michael and his loved ones.
Please respect our privacy and please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.”
Nesby, 25, was found shot to death at the Orlando nightclub after an armed man opened fire early Sunday morning, police said.
Nesberts brother, Tyler Nesborts, told the Orlando Journal Sentinel his brother had been an avid basketball player, but had been working at a nearby fast food restaurant and was hoping to get his degree.
Tyler Nalsbetts sister, Lauren Nalsby, posted a statement on Facebook on Saturday that read: “We ask for privacy for my brother.
He loved the Orlando area and loved being part of the community.
Please keep him in your prayers.
He was so proud to be part of a team that has a lot of kids that love to play.”
The shooting was the deadliest in U.T.O. since 1995 when four people were gunned down in a suburban mall.
Authorities have not released the motive for the shooting, but they say it is likely the attacker acted alone.
The Orlando Sentinel reported that the shooter was a 25-year-old African-American man.
He is believed to have killed at least 50 people.
The shooter also wounded several others.